Saturday, February 2, 2008

Relaxing in the midst of chaos

Took the day off today to sort things out a little bit for the up coming weeks ahead. We are having our opening party on Saturday 9 Feb. Exciting, lots of coffee to drink, take home, and buy. Getting things ready and trying to create something that looks as appealing as it tastes is important to me.

I roasted a two days ago that came out fantasticly. It was sweet and smooth but still earthy. Really a great taste. I've also gotten a lot closer to my house espresso. It's spicy and sweet with a slight fruity finish. I think it might be a little too spicy for mass marketing, but I know I will enjoy this one as it develops and evolves through out the experimentation of roasting. I will make a more subtle, heavier espresso for most of the coffee shops around here. I'll be working on a really good light one, I'm sure, in a couple of weeks.

Went around, put up posters about the opening. Really hope it's all right and people want to buy this coffee. I have some strong blends and the origin roasting is just getting better and better everytime I roast. I am truly excited and hope this opportunity makes enough money to last.

I can't wait till the day that we get to go on origin trips and buy directly from the farms. Oh what a wonderful warehouse we would have to have. I love daydreaming about it. All fun and fantasy, but here and now I must work hard to get these coffees out. Quite a bit of work when your max post roast capacity equals to something around 3lbs.

Of to sleep for tomorrow's espresso adventures.

No comments: