Thursday, January 31, 2008

Roasting up a storm filled with chaff and debri

Just a side note: sometimes the chaff catches on fire underneath the roasting drum.


I have been learning so much and the more I learn, the more excited I get to go back to work on roasting the perfect batches. I now have some delicious guatemala, costa rica, harrar, and a wonderful blend called summer snow.

Making some progress on the espresso, I feel at this rate I should have something good by next wednesday. It takes a whole lot of tasting, hoping, tasting, blending, weighing, blending, roasting, tasting, hoping, roasting..... You get the idea. I know the day I come upon that magical taste I will be thankful for all the days of hard work, but I think it will take a couple of months of slight tweaking to get it perfect.

Opening is coming up fast, only a week and a day away!! Working hard to get samples out to all those around us and to get all the coffee that will be available at the opening ready. It's going to be a lot of work, but I'm getting the recipes down so after this it's just repeating that magical formula over and over again.

No comments: