Wednesday, January 23, 2008

23 January 2008

Today was more of a play day with coffees. I roasted up a bunch of samples for Jo on the Go and experimented in making a couple of possible flavored coffees for Justin's mom. I made one snickerdoodle cookie and one sweet dark chocolate. Surprisingly they worked out really well.

Tomorrow morning will be full of coffee tastings and espresso makings. I am Trying to create an espresso with Harrar. I like it straight as a single origin espresso, but it doesn't have enough body to be good for a latte. It's really fruity and sweet and light, and kind of just disappears in milk.

Also tomorrow, Amber's mom will be visiting and I'm going to set up a little cupping demo for her, send her off with a couple of small bags of coffee.
We will also be working on the invites to the grand opening only a couple of weeks away!

The hardest thing to do now is to find the time for all the roasts I want to do. I am keeping detailed logs, but everything is so fast sometimes that it's difficult to keep all the information I'm writing down organized.

Hope to have some info on that espresso here soon. Keep drinking.

No comments: